This Is Shambles House

One woman. Three cats. Few handyman skills. One 1914 American Foursquare in need of attention. Chaos and hijinks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, AZ, United States

I spend a lot of time riding the bus; the time I don't spend doing that or working I gleefully waste doing WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Schoolhouse Electric

Earlier this year, I had a boneheaded moment--I had replaced the lightbulb in the overhead light in the 2nd floor hallway, but I couldn't get the shade back on the fixture. Then I had it hanging around the bedroom for a while, when it got accidentally shattered. Crap. I managed to destroy the only item original to this house. I cannot have nice things. It was really pretty--round with slanted swirls, crystal etched. I looked around at various reproduction and old light fixture dealers, but I was always torn. There's really beautiful shades out there, but frankly, I didn't want to pay $90-$150 for a shade when I haven't got a firm design sense and will probably sell the house anyway.

Well, this week I broke down and finally ordered a new shade. I picked this one. I hope it looks good. I love opal and milk glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home