This Is Shambles House

One woman. Three cats. Few handyman skills. One 1914 American Foursquare in need of attention. Chaos and hijinks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, AZ, United States

I spend a lot of time riding the bus; the time I don't spend doing that or working I gleefully waste doing WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

More Little Changes



In my bedroom, I have a very odd closet. Actually all the closets in this house are a little odd--2 have windows, and the other has a built in seat and possibly removable floorboards. Anyway, this one is about 6 feet long and 3 feet wide, but it's a laid out like a little room. You could use it as a nursery, I suppose. But I was looking at it and the holes in the woodwork that the ex hadn't bothered to fill in when he painted*. And I had these hooks I had bought to put in the other closet but hadn't bothered....

And some drill time later, we have the above result! Not bad! I stripped screws as I was screwing them in with the drill, but I just continued repeating my new mantra, "That's good enough for now." And it is good enough. I also put the vacuum cleaner and my dirty clothes basket in there, along with the home repair stuff and the Christmas storage.


*There's two types of people in this world, those who do prep work like that, and those who don't. Guess which kind I am and why I'm a superior person. Or annoying details nazi, depending on your point of view. Ahem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home