This Is Shambles House

One woman. Three cats. Few handyman skills. One 1914 American Foursquare in need of attention. Chaos and hijinks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, AZ, United States

I spend a lot of time riding the bus; the time I don't spend doing that or working I gleefully waste doing WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Mantras

Along with "It's good enough for now," I have a couple of other mantras that I've taken to repeating as I do things around the joint. "It's an old house. It's a used house. It's not perfect, and it's not new." And I also have "It would look better in a magazine" in the back of my head.

What I should also do is go to some open houses in the area. It's always good to groove on the crappy design choices of others.

1 Comments:

Blogger dingusgirl said...

careful with that. the possibilities can get overwhelming -- as can the to do lists. of course, this is coming from someone with two houses -- at the moment -- and a craptastic realtor. what do i know? :)

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home