This Is Shambles House

One woman. Three cats. Few handyman skills. One 1914 American Foursquare in need of attention. Chaos and hijinks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, AZ, United States

I spend a lot of time riding the bus; the time I don't spend doing that or working I gleefully waste doing WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snow!


We had snow this week--I got about 1.5 inches over here on the western end of Cleveland. More's expected tomorrow out in the snow belt. They're predicting 6-12 inches out there.

However, it's time to plan the garden! I've got the Burpee catalog, and it all looks gorgeous. I think that I'm giving up on veggies in the front yard bed, except for cucumbers. I love cucumbers. I'm planting the lemon cukes again, even though I was not real successful with them last year, and a regular long green. But that leaves me open for flowers! I like orange and red and yellow ones. I think they look best up against the toad color of the house. Snapdragons are my favorite, but I also love marigolds, zinnias and the like. I also need a ground covering for the backyard since it's so shady that it's nearly impossible to grow grass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home