This Is Shambles House

One woman. Three cats. Few handyman skills. One 1914 American Foursquare in need of attention. Chaos and hijinks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, AZ, United States

I spend a lot of time riding the bus; the time I don't spend doing that or working I gleefully waste doing WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just Pick Up A Paintbrush

Okay, all I have to say is that the people who say "It's so easy! I just slapped a new coat of paint on the walls and it completely changed the room! Just took a weekend! Cheap! Easy! Wonderful!" are smoking crack.

Painting is hard. And the prep work and the waiting for the paint to dry and the cleaning up the splatters (which go everywhere, because I have almost no fine muscle control, plus the kitties tend to be very, very interested in the stinky paint stuff). And I'm convinced that Goo Gone really kills the brain cells, even with an open window.

I will say that the room is really pretty and upbeat though. Lime Rickey is much better than Wheatgrass. I have a couple things left to handle and It's completely finished, but I'm happy. I'll post pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home